Food: Dean and Deluca, Hillview 2

Updated: 28/12/2015
To clarify some misleading points I have wrote with my half-closed eyes lol.


dean and deluca hillview 2 review



I passed by Dean and Deluca umpteen times in Orchard Central but I never have the urge to check it out.

My first visit was thus dragged till today. This particular outlet of Dean and Deluca is located in this quiet (and atas) Hillview 2.


The outlet was spacious and it is very peaceful on a Saturday. Hill view 2 is not very accessible unless you drive.


Tried one of their signatures - rainbow cake.

dean and deluca hillview 2 review rainbow cake
Rainbow Cake - one layer one flavour ($7.50)

I appreciate the fact that they introduced different flavours for each layer. However, the artificial flavours were too distinct. The strawberry one stood out the most to me and you know what? I am not a strawberry fan haha. It gets a little too sweet after a few mouthful so a cup of coffee or tea is a must with this cake. The layers are rather thin and the cake is more dense than the most rainbow cakes I have tried thus far. Quite a refreshing taste to me.




dean and deluca hillview 2 review chocolate cake indulgence
Chocolate Indulgence (


Chocolate cakes taste quite the same to me. I find this decent enough. The cake is fluffy and soft and the most important thing is, it is not too sweet. Not the 'richest' chocolate cake but good enough as an afternoon snack. I had the urge to stir this into my Mocha that day hahaha I am gross.



dean and deluca hillview 2 review mocha latte
Mocha Latte


First of all, the prices for the coffees/drinks are fairly reasonable. Mocha latte was not chocolatey enough and I find it slightly diluted. Perhaps this is also why it is able to go hand in hand with the cakes they have.





dean and deluca hillview 2 review flat lay


Overall, this is quite an average cafe. I have not tried the other outlets nor the main courses, yet. :p Coffee prices were alright but they don't seem to taste as well as I'd like them to be. The cakes are better than the coffees, or at least the ones I have.
I cannot deny the place great for spending a quiet weekend (at least for this branch I have visited) or to get some work done. I will still go back for the coffees or to try some main courses if I pass by again.

By the way I don't think they provide wifi nor do I see any power sockets around the area I was sitting. Please double check with the staff to be sure.



Dean and Deluca (Singapore)

Hills View 2
4 Hillview Rise #01-01
Singapore 667979
Tel: + 65 6710 7282
Nearest MRT: Bukit Batok


Other outlets

Far East Square
47 Pekin Street, #01-01
Singapore 048775
Tel: + 65 6536 2460
Nearest MRT: Telok Ayer


Orchard Central - Market place
181 Orchard Road, #04-23/24
Singapore 238896
Tel: + 65 6509 7708
Nearest MRT: Somerset 



Rating: 2.5/5

0 Comments